It is the Year of the Ant!
Each year there seems to be a particular critter en force...one year it was little milipede-looking invertebrates, another year was a bumper crop of wolf spiders. This year, in addition to the uncustomary high volume of pollen last month, we're inundated with ants!
Of course it isn't helpful that the kids were stealing foodstuffs and stashing them in their bedroom, but that isn't really indicative of the number of ant colonies on property.
But yesterday we suddenly had the larger black ants invading. We're finding them everywhere! I set out Combat (R) discs last night, but they aren't working fast enough. I'm not sure where this colony is at...all I'm finding outside are "sugar ants.". And boy are they sugared!! I've blown a 10lb sack of sugar on the hills within 5-feet of the house. We might have to go against our anti-chemicals stance and spray. I'm squeamish enough about the bait-discs. *sigh*
But having an ant run across your comforter while you're snuggled in front of a movie is about as unnerving as seeing a roach. *gag* It wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the just stayed in the bathrooms.....
So, I am wide awake because of two cokes and a dr.pepper today, as well as an overfull brain; and the thought of ants climbing on/in me while asleep. I'm not interested in them even if they WERE chocolate covered.
Ewww! What if they rambled through a bait disc and THEN climbed across my face???? *squeeeee*
Gah!! What wretchedness!
(Oh, and this is a test of emailing a post from the phone...we shall see...)
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
No comments:
Post a Comment