Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Brown Bag Challenge

So I remember the parameters:
The lunch must cost between $3-5 per day and include a main bit, a side and a dessert (PB&J-Main, Carrot Sticks-Side, Brownies-dessert).

The meal must be filling and tasty and appealing to children

The food cannot be reheated and should be as shelf stable as possible, although recipes that use chilling or warming tupperware are awesome.

We're a bit abnormal for this meme since we're homeschoolers.  Our brown bag challenge will actually be our Tuesday picnics after a newly established park date.  This week didn't happen due to everybody's life occurring, which translates into our lunch being abnormal.  The kids decided they wanted to have peanut butter toast and apples.  I wanted "chips & dip" but we're out of refried beans, so I trolled the kitchen and turned up some toaster struedels.  While they were in the toaster oven I spied a forgotten can of bean 'n bacon soup.  So I heated that up too.

I flunked this week's challenge!

No comments: