Nony makes an excellent point in her post that
...compared to my family, [blogging is] nothing. As much fun as it is, I can’t let it be my focus. I can only use it as a tool that keeps my focus on the right thing . . . our family, and the home that is my life’s work to create.--------
I had actually started this post early this morning, and it is now late this night when I'm able to get back to it. I no longer recall the focus I had for it when I started contemplating and typing.
I can tell you that the last two weeks have lacked focus. We're treading water with those annoying, energy-wasting, super-splashy leg-kicks. But we're making some progress and we're working on getting more focused and moving in a reasonable direction.
A friend reminded me of a resource they had mentioned to me before. I'm trying to contemplate it in terms of what I already have and how to tweek it to best serve us at this moment...without the concept of it overrunning our lives. I do so love to plan and plot....it's the action that I tend to lack motivation in.
So I guess--within this late-night, brownie-stupified, disjointed brain--this next week's focus is to:
- NOT rip all of my hair out dealing with the idiotic bureaucracy that is on my agenda through this weekend and into next week.
- Continue to work on decluttering the common area to bring greater functionality to our home.
- Stay on top of the meal plan. (ACK! I need to pull out the ribs!!)
As for this week's accomplishments?? The stuff from my off-site office HAS A PLACE TO BELONG!! And I got papers, files, and brochures into designated locations. I admit that there is some work that needs to be done within those file folders, but they have their place to be while they wait
I got the spare blankets re-space-bagged and they're put up. Along with the under-bed-boxes of craft supplies (that one day need to be sifted). The couch is mostly clear. The playroom has visible floor (thanks to the kids). And I rescued the washer from the bathmat that exploded in it.
Be sure to check in with Nony to see what others are focusing on this week (and maybe even add your own).
3 comments:
Good luck with focusing on your to do list. I've got to get busy with a meal plan myself.
Thanks Shell. Good luck with the meal plan...I've come up with some guidelines for myself...maybe i should post that for WFMW next week...
I'm thinking about a button. Lots of ideas going through my head, but so little know-how on the design/computer end of it.
Post a Comment